D. L. ORTON lives in the foothills of the Rockies where she and her husband are raising three boys, a golden retriever, two Siberian cats, and an extremely long-lived Triops.
In her spare time, she’s building a time machine so that someone can go back and do the laundry.
Ms. Orton is a graduate of Stanford University’s Writers Workshop and a past editor of “Top of the Western Staircase,” a literary publication of CU, Boulder. The author has a number of short stories published in online literary magazines, including Literotica, Melusine, Cosmoetica, The Ranfurly Review, and Catalyst Press.
- Publishers Weekly “BookLife Prize in Fiction” Quarter-Finalist
- Writer’s Digest Book Award, Fiction
- Book Excellence Award Winner, Science Fiction
- Colorado Book Award Finalist, Genre Fiction
- Readers’ Favorite Book Award Winner, Audiobook Fiction
- SWIRL Awards Finalist, Science Fiction
- Indie Excellence Book Award Winner, Cross-Genre Fiction
- USA Best Book Award Finalist, Cross-Genre Fiction
- International Book Award Finalist, Cross-Genre Fiction
- Colorado Gold Award Winner, Science Fiction
- Novel Beginnings Award Winner, Science Fiction